Singapore is one of the most modern cities in the world with a very developed digital infrastructure. Thanks to this infrastructure and to the fact that the government has simplified the access to public services, there are numerous platforms through which Singapore citizens and companies can reach out to the authorities.
Those who want to open a company in Singapore also benefit from many facilities, among which the possibility of registering a business online and to apply for various business permits and licenses the same way.
Below, our specialists in company formation explain the procedure on how to register a company in Singapore online.
Steps before starting the online Singapore company formation procedure
Even if the company formation process in Singapore can be completed online, there are a few aspects which need to be dealt with before that. Among these, we mention the following:
- foreign investors need to choose a suitable business structure which reflects their activity in the city-state;
- foreigners are also required to appoint a local agent who will complete the online registration process with the Singapore authorities;
- the documents which need to be filed for registration need to be drafted and notarized;
- the company’s representative must also apply for a company seal before the business is registered;
- the company director and secretary must also be appointed prior to starting the registration procedure;
- the legal address of the Singapore company must be secured through a lease contract.
Our company registration representatives in Singapore have the necessary qualifications to act as agents on behalf of foreign investors interested in incorporating companies online in the city-state.
How is a company registered online in Singapore?
If you want to open a company in Singapore and are interested in registering it online, you should know that the procedure is not very different from the traditional procedure.
As mentioned above, if you are a foreigner, you will need to nominate a Singapore resident who can act as a contact with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority, simply known as ACRA, and who will file the documents on your behalf.
The procedure of how to register a company in Singapore online implies respecting the following steps:
- – the company name must be first reserved – it must be unique, therefore, it will first be verified by ACRA;
- – a SingPass or CorpPass must be obtained in order to create a BizFile+ account through which the documents will be deposited;
- – once the account is created, the business owner must obtain the consent of the company director and secretary for their information to be processed;
- – the incorporation documents must be handed to our company formation agents who will file them on behalf of foreign investors.
Another important aspect to consider is that as a foreign investor, you will need to apply for a residence permit in order to manage your company in Singapore.
If you are thinking of starting a business in Singapore, you can rely on us for fast and simple business setup solutions.
Online registration vs. traditional company registration in Singapore
In its efforts to modernize the services put at the disposal of the population, the Singapore government has also created the possibility of registering a company online. The success of ACRA’s online company registration system has proved so successful that all new companies set up in Singapore are incorporated online.
It is important to notice that not only will the company be registered online, but the tax and GST registration will be completed the same way. Also, some licenses can be obtained by filing an online application form.
Another aspect to consider is that there are no additional fees related to the online incorporation of a company in Singapore.
Why register a company in Singapore online with us?
With a vast experience in company formation matters, our agents in the city-state are authorized to register companies in Singapore online.
In order for foreign investors to understand what registering a company in Singapore implies, we have created an online tool which can be used to determine the shareholding and the management requirements based on their needs.
Our Singapore company formation services are available for all those who want to set up businesses in various industries in the city-state in the fastest manner and at very affordable rates.
Do not hesitate to contact us for detailed information on how to register a company in Singapore online. We can also help you select the right type of structure and handle its incorporation with ACRA.