The Global Investor Program in Singapore
The Global Investor Program (GIP) was designed to ease the access of foreign enterprisers on the Singapore market. Through the Global Investor Program foreign businessmen will find it easier to open a company in Singapore. Contact Singapore assist foreign investors in their relations with local companies and also helps applicants to the program with the immigration process.
Contact Singapore appointed Mercer Pte Ltd, an independent rating agency, to evaluate GIP fund’s applications. Mercer’s rating evaluation consists in the assessment of funds based on business management, portfolio construction and implementation and the operations. Those funds ranking the highest in the rating benchmark will be awarded the “Preferred Provider” rating.
All GIP funds that have been approved will then be submitted to a surveillance rating exercise for a year.
Types of investments in Singapore
Consumers have a wide range of products to choose from when investing in Singapore. In order to evaluate and choose the suitable type of investment it is recommendable to ask specialists in company formation in Singapore.
The following investment tools are available in Singapore:
- – bonds that are debt securities issued by Singapore companies trying to raise funds from the Singapore Stock Exchange,
- – unit trusts that in Singapore are regulated as collective investment schemes and are managed by fund managers,
- – shares that are issued by companies in Singapore that seek to raise capital from investors,
- – traded life policies (TLP) that are life policies sold by the initial owner to an investor,
- – exchange traded funds (ETFs) that are represented by open-ended investment funds traded on the stock exchange market,
- – real estate investment trusts (REITs) that are instruments employed by businessmen to invest in real estate portfolios managed by professionals,
- – structured deposits that are a mix between deposits with investment products,
- – investment-linked insurance policies (ILPs) that are a mix between life insurance policies and investment components.
Singapore’s investment ratings
Singapore Government Securities are among the safest investments for foreign businessmen because they had a repeatedly A credit rating by Moody’s. Moody’s Investors Service has also rated Singapore Real Estate Investment Trusts (S-REITs) several times. All ratings resulted in upgrades for CapitaMall Trust’s (CMT) from A2 to A3. The Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust’s (A-REIT) rating was upgraded from Baa1 to A3 and the CapitaCommercial Trust’s (CCT) rating was upgraded from Baa2 to Baa1 in 2014.
For details about investment schemes or for complete guidance when opening a company in Singapore please contact our specialists in company incorporation.