Entrepreneurs who want to explore the food and beverages industry in Singapore can open several types of businesses. Among these the most successful two of them are restaurants and shops for selling food and beverages in Singapore.
Below, our company formation agents in Singapore explain the steps related to starting a company for selling food and beverages in the city-state.
- Planning the opening of a food and beverages business in Singapore
This step implies finding the right place to set up the business. Whether the investor buys or rents a place in Singapore, it is vital for the company to be situated where people can have easy access to it. Then, the budget for the business must also be prepared.
- Registering a Singapore company
Once the planning phase is completed, it is time to open a Singapore company in order to be allowed to operate. The steps related to registering the company are:
- – reserving a company name with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA);
- – drafting and notarizing the company’s articles of association and then filing them with ACRA;
- – registering for taxation and GST purposes with the tax authorities;
- – applying for the necessary licenses and permits with the right authorities.
Our Singapore company formation advisors can assist with the incorporation of the company for selling food and beverages in the city-state.
- Applying for licenses for the Singapore business for selling food and beverages
The licensing phase of the Singapore will imply obtaining a food shop license with the National Environment Agency (NEA). The following documents must be submitted in order to obtain this license:
- – the applicant’s ID or passport or residence permit in the case of foreign businessmen;
- – an approval issued by the Urban Re-development Authority and the Housing and Development Board for using the premises, together with the rental agreement or property deed;
- – the food hygiene certificate for the manager and the staff handling the food;
- – a plan of the location which must be accompanied by a food safety management plan.
- Hiring employees
The last step before opening the business for selling food and beverages in Singapore will be to hire specialized personnel which has obtained the food hygiene certificate.
For assistance in setting up a company for selling food and beverages, please contact our company formation experts in Singapore.